A period of change, both for Fender and for pop culture as a whole, the 1960s saw the Strat mellow slightly as it grew up. The white pickguard was updated to mint green, and the fingerboard was switched from the original maple to rosewood, adding a smoother note to the Strat’s clear, articulate voice. The American Original ‘60s Stratocaster keeps these refinements intact while adding modern feel and pickup switching to the iconic instrument that helped birth guitar rock as we know it.
- Alder body with lacquer finish
- Three Pure Vintage '65 single-coil Stratocaster pickups
- Thick "'60s C"-shaped neck profile; 9.5"-radius fingerboard
- Vintage-style hardware; six-point synchronized tremolo bridge
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case
The nitrocellulose lacquer not only finish lets the body breathe with its true tonal character, it also ages and wears in a distinctively personal way.
PURE VINTAGE ‘65 PICKUPS
American Original instruments feature specially voiced pickups crafted to reproduce authentic Fender sound.
THICK “’60S C” NECK SHAPE
The thick "’60s C"-shaped neck profile is sculpted for a vintage-style playing feel. It’s remarkably comfortable and ideal for any playing style.
VINTAGE-ACCURATE BODY AND NECK RADII
Original-era fans can rest assured every curve and line of the body and neck are accurate to the historic originals.
From the bridge to the string tree and tuning machines, every piece of hardware is just like the original.
FINGERBOARD & FRETS
This 9.5”-radius fingerboard is slightly flatter than a vintage-style 7.25” radius, providing a comfortable fret-hand feel. Vintage-tall frets make it easier to bend notes without fretting out.
- Body Material Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Lacquer
- Body Shape Stratocaster
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape Thick "C"
- Scale Length 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 21
- Fret Size Vintage Tall
- Nut Material Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays White Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rod Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup Pure Vintage '65 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup Pure Vintage '65 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup Pure Vintage '65 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Switching 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration SSS
- Bridge Pure Vintage Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs Aged White Plastic
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt
- Strings Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Legal Notice WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig Bag Vintage-Style Hardshell