Model #: 0143001700
COBAIN SOUND AND STYLE
Return to the dark intensity and huge guitar sounds of the grunge rock movement with the Kurt Cobain Jaguar, a new-looking version of the battered and highly unusual 1965 Jaguar that Cobain wielded during the heady early-'90s era when Nirvana ruled rock and led a musically stunning and culturally subversive movement. It authentically evokes the modified left-handed Jaguar that Cobain found secondhand and came to prize shortly after the recording of massive 1991 album Nevermind, complete with DiMarzio® humbucking pickups, special switching, exclusive in-case extras and more. Available in right- and left-handed versions.
- Classic Jaguar dual-circuit “lead/rhythm” design
- DiMarzio DP103 PAF 36th Anniversary (neck) pickup and DP100 Super Distortion (bridge) humbucking pickups
- Modified lower switch plate with three-way toggle pickup switch
- Three knurled “chrome-dome” control knobs (volume, volume, tone)
- Black chrome Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and floating tremolo tailpiece with lock button
- Right- and left-handed models
- Black textured vinyl hard-shell case contains exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain book
GLOSS POLYESTER FINISH
This instrument features a strong and durable gloss polyester finish in classic Three-Color Sunburst.
DIMARZIO® HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
The supercharged sound of the Kurt Cobain Jaguar comes from its hot-rodded high-output pickup configuration, consisting of a DiMarzio® humbucking DP103 PAF 36th Anniversary neck pickup and DP100 Super Distortion bridge pickup.
LIMITED EDITION BOOK
This guitar comes with an exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain book with photos and commentary by photographer Charles Peterson and an insightful interview with Nirvana guitar tech Earnie Bailey.
BOUND ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD
Kurt Cobain’s signature Jaguar model comes with the authentic mid-’60s touch of a rosewood fingerboard with elegant white binding.
VOLUME-VOLUME-TONE CONTROL CONFIGURATION
Rather than the traditional Jaguar two-knob configuration for the lead circuit (master volume and master tone), the Kurt Cobain Jaguar has three control knobs on the lower bout—a volume control for each humbucking pickup and a single master tone control.
ENGRAVED NECK PLATE
This signature Jaguar model features a special neck plate engraved with a Fender "logo" originally doodled by Kurt Cobain himself in his journals.
- Body Material Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Jaguar
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape Modern "C"
- Scale Length 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Fret Size Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rod Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup DiMarzio® Super Distortion® DP100
- Neck Pickup DiMarzio® PAF® 36th Anniversary DP103
- Controls Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration HH
- Bridge Black Chrome Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge with Chrome Vintage-Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Button
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome/Black Chrome
- Tuning Machines Gotoh® Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.052 Gauges)
- Other Features Stratocaster® Headstock, Toggle Pickup Selector Switch, Custom "Fender" Engraved Neckplate, White Bound Fingerboard, '50s Style Spaghetti Logo Decal, Knurled Chrome Dome Control Knobs, Modified Lower Switch Plate with Single Toggle Switch, Aged White Pickup Covers with Black Pickup Bezels, Tremolo Tip and Switch Tip, Dual "Wing" String Trees
- Legal Notice WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm
- Case/Gig Bag Standard Black Hardshell
- Included Accessories Hardshell Case, Exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain Book featuring photography by Charles Peterson