Taking adaptability to new extremes, the AZ series has established itself and carved out a place that spans everything from the warmest blues licks, to the most intense, shred-heavy metal riffs. Carrying this ethos forward, the AZ line embodies time-tested Ibanez innovation and player-focused features like a smooth, oval neck grip, a well-balanced asymmetrical body shape, and the neck heel allowing for unrivaled playability.
- neck type AZ Oval CRoasted Maple neck
- top/back/body American Basswood body
- fretboard Rosewood fretboardMother of Pearl dot inlay
- fret Jumbo Stainless Steel frets
- number of frets 24
- bridge Gotoh® T1502 bridge
- string space 10.5mm
- neck pickup Seymour Duncan® Hyperion (H) neck pickupPassive/Alnico
- bridge pickup Seymour Duncan® Hyperion™ (H) bridge pickupPassive/Alnico
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- strings D'Addario® EXL110
- string gauge .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046
- nut Graph Tech® nut
- hardware color Chrome
- Scale : 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 42mm at NUT
- b : Width 57mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 20.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 22.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 305mmR
- Recommended Case MR500C
- Gig bag included
- Gotoh® MG-T locking machine heads
- dyna-MIX10 switching system w/Alter Switch
- Luminescent side dot inlay
Rosewood provides a well-balanced solid tone with a focused mid range.
Gotoh® MG-T locking machine heads
The Gotoh® MG-T locking machine heads achieve incredible tuning stability, cutting down string-changing time.
Oval C Roasted Maple neck
Heat-treatment increases the wood's stability, durability, water resistance and tolerance of temperature changes.
Gotoh® T1502 tremolo bridge
The T1502 tremolo bridge features steel saddles and a die-cast zinc tremolo block for a quick response and improved articulation. The 10.5mm string spacing allows for easy picking across strings and its snap-in construction makes it easy to load a tremolo arm.
dyna-MIX10 switching system with Alter Switch
The dyna-MIX 10 offers ten sound variations and can easily switch from humbucker and single coil modes with the mini switch. The power Tap mode provides a realistic single coil sound despite its two humbucker pickup layout.
Seymour Duncan® Hyperion™ Pickups
Seymour Duncan® Hyperion™ Pickups feature a moderate output through Alnico-5 magnets to keep the clarity of the fundamental tone when using a distortion sound, and to deliver a clear pick attack. From treble to bass, the overall tonal balance is evenly adjusted., and works well with various effect pedals.