The RG is the most recognizable and distinctive guitar in the Ibanez line. Three decades of metal have forged this high-performance machine, honing it for both speed and strength. Whether you favor a hardtail (fixed) bridge or our industry-leading locking tremolo system, the RG is a precision instrument.
- neck type Wizard III 5pc Maple/Walnut Neck-through
- top/back/body Poplar Burl top Nyatoh wing body
- fretboard Jatoba fretboard Sharktooth inlay
- fret Jumbo frets
- number of frets 24
- bridge F106 bridge
- string space 10.5mm
- neck pickup DiMarzio Air Norton (H) neck pickupPassive/Alnico
- bridge pickup DiMarzio The Tone Zone (H) bridge pickupPassive/Alnico
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- strings D'Addario EXL110
- string gauge .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046
- hardware color Black
- Scale : 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21mm at 12F
- Radius : 400mmR
- Recommended Case M300C
Jatoba has a reddish brown color which produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
A pair of high-output DiMarzio Air Norton and The Tone Zone pickups provides a huge sound with a broad dynamic range.
Neck-through construction provides massive sustain and playing comfort.