COLOR VARIATION : Black Stained Burst
For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
- neck type SR55pc Jatoba/Walnut neck
- top/back/body Ash body
- fretboard Rosewood fretboard / Abalone oval inlay
- fret Medium frets
- number of frets 24
- bridge Accu-cast B505 bridge
- string space 16.5mm
- neck pickup Nordstrand™ Big Break neck pickup (Passive)
- bridge pickup Nordstrand™ Big Break bridge pickup (Passive)
- equaliser Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/ EQ bypass switch (passive tone
- control on treble pot), 3-way Mid frequency switch
- factory tuning 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- strings D'Addario® EXL165 + .130
- string gauge .045/.065/.085/.105/.130
- hardware color Black
- Scale : 864mm/34"
- a : Width 45mm at NUT
- b : Width 68mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 305mmR
- Recommennded Case MB300C
- Recommended Bag IBB540-BK
Rosewood provides a well-balanced solid tone with a focused mid range.
Nordstrand Big Break pickups
Nordstrand "Big Break" pickups cram a meaty split coil into a soapbar-style pickup, producing a full-bodied, powerful, aggressive tonal texture, while still retaining the clarity that's characteristic of single coil tone with noiseless performance.
Accu-cast B500 bridge
The Accu-cast B500 bridge has adjustable saddles for variable string spacing by +/- 1.5mm, answering every bassist’s specific string spacing needs.
Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch & Mid frequency switch
Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ is our latest refinement on the concept of simple, straightforward, no-nonsense EQ control. The Boost and Cut for the Mid Control are each centered on slightly different frequencies, an innovation that delivers a preset range of the most favorable bass tones.
Precision tonal control, including a switch to choose passive-only operation. When the EQ bypasses activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.