- neck type JS 3pc Maple/Bubinga neck
- top/back/body Alder body
- fretboard Rosewood fretboardMother of Pearl dot inlay
- fret Medium fretsPrestige fret edge treatment
- number of frets 24
- bridge Edge tremolo bridge
- string space 10.8mm
- neck pickup SUSTAINIAC Driver (S) neck pickup
- bridge pickup DiMarzio Satchur8 (H) bridge pickupPassive/Alnico
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- strings D'Addario EXL120
- string gauge .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- hardware color Chrome
- Scale : 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 42.8mm at NUT
- b : Width 56.4mm at 21F
- c : Thickness 20mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 22.3mm at 12F
- Radius : 250mmR
- Recommended Bag IGB724-BK
- Hi-pass filter on volume control
- Sustianiac switch on tone control (push/pull)
- 3-way mini switch for Sustianiac
- Gotoh machine heads
- Hardshell case included
- To honor the world-renowned Joe Satriani Signature Series, the Ibanez R&D team worked closely with Joe to develop a finish that was worthy of both Joe's approval, and of the Chrome Boy moniker. Each and every JS1 Chrome Boy will have passed stringent Ibanez quality control standards, however due to the unique nature of this striking finish, some minor imperfections may be expected, are considered normal.
JS 3pc Maple/Bubinga neck
JS features Maple/Bubinga neck. The Bubinga stripe provides stability and longer sustain.
A high pass filter on volume pots maintains highs at low volumes.
The legendary, original Edge tremolo bridge is back, always Joe's favorite in feel and tone.
DiMarzio Satchur8 pickup
Newly developed DiMarzio Satchur8 pickup fully supports Joe's versatile playing style and massive sound.
3 way Sustainiac mode selector
Normal: Sustains the fundamental Mix: Sustains the fundamental and overtone
Harmonic: Sustains overtone