For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
- Neck type SR4 5pc Maple/Rosewood neck
- Body Mahogany body
- Fretboard Rosewood fretboard w/White dot inlay
- Fret Medium frets
- Number of frets 24
- Bridge Accu-cast B120 bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Neck pickup PowerSpan Dual Coil neck pickup (Passive)
- Bridge pickup PowerSpan Dual Coil bridge pickup (Passive)
- Equaliser Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/3 way Power Tap switch
- Factory tuning 1G, 2D, 3A, 4E
- String gauge .045/.065/.085/.105
- Hardware color Black
- Scale : 864mm/34"
- a : Width 38mm at NUT
- b : Width 62mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 305mmR
- Recommended Case/Bag
The B120's extra-wide string slots can accommodate even the heaviest of gauges. Walls and channels of the new bridge plate effectively "trap" the saddles, ensuring perfect directional uniformity
The 3-band EQ works in conjunction with a coil tap switch for maximum control over a wide variety of professional bass tones. Tap Mode (single coil) creates a punchy, dynamic sound with superior articulation. Series Mode (humbucking) delivers a full, warm tone, and Power Tap Mode provides the best of both worlds-combining the clarity of the single coil with the fat bottom end of the humbucker.
Developed by Ibanez, the exposed pole pieces of the PowerSpan Dual Coil pickups produce a stronger signal, and increase the response of the higher frequencies without sacrificing low end. The result is a tone rich in harmonic detail and dynamic expression.