For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
- Neck type : SR5 5pc Maple/Walnut neck
- Body : Mahogany body
- Fretboard : Jatoba fretboard w/White dot inlay
- Fret : Medium frets
- Bridge : Accu-cast B125 bridge (16.5mm string spacing)
- Neck pickup : PowerSpan Dual Coil neck pickup (Passive)
- Bridge pickup : PowerSpan Dual Coil bridge pickup (Passive)
- Equalizer : Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/3-way Power Tap switch
- Hardware Color: Cosmo black
- Scale : 864mm/34"
- a : Width 45mm at NUT
- b : Width 68mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 305mmR
The SR neck is famous for its slim easy-to-play profile. The 5pc Maple/Walnut construction provides excellent strength and stability while enhancing sustain.
Jatoba has a reddish brown color which produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
Developed by Ibanez, the exposed pole pieces of the PowerSpan Dual Coil pickups produce a stronger signal, and increase the response of the higher frequencies without sacrificing low end. The result is a tone rich in harmonic detail and dynamic expression.
The 3-band EQ works in conjunction with a coil tap switch for maximum control over a wide variety of professional bass tones. Tap Mode (single coil) creates a punchy, dynamic sound with superior articulation. Series Mode (humbucking) delivers a full, warm tone, and Power Tap Mode provides the best of both worlds-combining the clarity of the single coil with the fat bottom end of the humbucker.
The B120's extra-wide string slots can accommodate even the heaviest of gauges. Walls and channels of the new bridge plate effectively "trap" the saddles, ensuring perfect directional uniformity.