For players who want the style and sound of Fender’s classic years, we created the Vintera ‘70s Stratocaster. Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade —including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel, along with re-voiced pickups—this guitar has all of the chime and articulation that made the Stratocaster a legend.
For authentic Fender tone we recreated the trio of ‘70s single-coil Stratocaster pickups to sound more like the originals. Flat-staggered pole pieces (an authentic 70s element) create a balanced string-to-string response. Crystalline and bell-like, they have the crisp, articulate sound that put Fender on the map. The “Early 70s C”-shaped neck has a 7.25”-radius maple fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets for classic playing feel. A vintage-style, six-point synchronized tremolo and period-correct “F”-stamped tuning machines offer original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include three-bolt neck plate, chrome hardware and vintage-style strap buttons. Includes deluxe gig bag.
- Ash body
- Three vintage-style ‘70s Strat® single-coil pickups; neck/mid and bridge tone controls
- “Early ’70s C”-shaped maple neck; 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets
- Vintage-style six-point synchronized tremolo
- Includes deluxe gig bag
A classic Fender tone wood, ash features beautiful grain, along with chiming highs, well-defined midrange and strong low end.
“EARLY 70S C” NECK PROFILE
Remarkably comfortable, the "Early 70s C"-shaped neck profile is sculpted for a period-correct playing feel—thinner at the first fret, thicker at the twelfth.
REVOICED 70S STRAT PICKUPS
We revoiced the pickups to be more 70s-accurate. These flat-pole pickups are full of the bell-like, crystalline tone that made Fender instruments famous.
Hosting 21 vintage-style frets, the 7.25”-radius fingerboard provides the comfortable playing feel of a vintage instrument.
VINTAGE-STYLE SYNCHRONIZED TREMOLO
One of our most innovative designs, this six-point tremolo offers proper intonation, full adjustability and easy access to cool vibrato sounds.
‘70S F-STAMPED TUNING MACHINES
These tuning machines have a unique housing stamped with our famous “F” logo.
- Body Material Ash
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Stratocaster
- Body Binding None
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Binding None
- Neck Finish Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape Early '70s "C"
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets 21
- Fret Size Vintage
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Truss Rod Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Strat
- Controls Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Switching 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration SSS
- Bridge 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Fender Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs Aged White
- Switch Tip Aged White
- Neck Plate 3-Bolt "F" Stamped with Micro-Tilt
- Strings Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag Deluxe Gig Bag