Everything you need to record and produce
Start recording today with this complete, all-PreSonus® package! Based on the AudioBox USB® 96 audio/MIDI interface and award-winning Studio One® recording and production software, PreSonus AudioBox 96 Studio is great for creating multitrack recordings, demos, live recordings, podcasts, field recordings for video and sound effects, and much more.
AudioBox USB 96: Simple, reliable, and portable.
The AudioBox USB 96 is the heart of the AudioBox 96 Studio. This simple, handy little audio/MIDI interface has just the right features for basic recording needs, including two combo mic/instrument inputs and zero-latency monitoring, so you can simply plug in and start recording right away. Bus-powered, built to travel, compatible with most recording software for macOS and Windows, and equipped with high-performance microphone preamplifiers and professional-quality, 24-bit, 96 kHz converters, the AudioBox USB 96 makes high-definition recording easy.
Studio One Artist makes recording a breeze.
No other entry-level recording and production software is this easy to learn and use, yet is capable of creating studio-quality output. Studio One® Artist lets you work quickly and stay focused on your inspiration, offers unlimited tracks and plug-ins, and delivers features not normally found in entry-level DAWs. Access powerful editing tools without wading through menus. Load and save audio clips, MIDI files, and effects by drag-and-drop. Studio One makes it easy!
Capture every nuance with the M7 condenser microphone.
Get your mic collection off to a good start with the M7 large-diaphragm condenser microphone. Condenser mics are the overwhelming choice of recording studio professionals, enabling you to capture musical details, harmonics, and subtle nuances that would get lost with dynamic mics. Large-diaphragm condenser microphones, like the M7, tend to “warm up” a sound, making them the go-to microphone for recording vocals and a wide range of instruments.
Hear every detail with HD7 professional headphones.
PreSonus’ high-definition HD7 headphones take advantage of a patented, semi-open sound chamber to deliver exceptionally deep low frequencies with a balanced and yet powerful bass punch. Accurate midrange and extended treble response let you pick out the fine details of a mix or track. The lightweight, ergonomic design adjusts to any head size, offering a comfortable listening experience during long recording sessions.
A classic that deserves celebration.
The AudioBox USB96 has been responsible for the great sound on countless albums, podcasts, live streams, and Zoom calls. and here at PreSonus, we wanted to honor that with a special 25th Anniversary Edition featuring a sleek, black enclosure. Now you can choose your color: classic PreSonus blue or 25th Anniversary matte black.
Works with iOS and iPadOS devices.
The PreSonus AudioBox 96 Studio is compatible with iOS and iPadOS devices including iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch, and iPhones. Because it's USB class-compliant, there are no special drivers or applications for you to download and install. You'll be able to produce on the go—everything from podcasts to folk rock to trap, wherever sound takes you.
AudioBox USB 96
- Bus-powered USB audio and MIDI interface
- Perfect match with Studio One® Artist software for Mac® and Windows®
- 24-bit resolution, 44.1, 48, 88.1, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs with Class A mic preamplifiers
- 48V phantom power (for included M7 microphone or other condenser microphones)
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal analog mixer
- Headphone jack with level control (for included HD7 headphones or other headphones)
- 1/3U rack-mountable
- Computer-to-interface connection cable included
Studio One Artist software
- Elegant single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Most intuitive MIDI-mapping system available
- Real-time audio time-stretching and resampling
- Multitrack comping and MIDI editing
- Transient detection and editing and groove extraction
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- Integrates tightly with Celemony Melodyne
- Instantly configures to PreSonus® interfaces
- Compatible with ASIO-, Windows Audio-, and Core Audio-compliant interfaces
- 26 Native Effects 32-bit effects and virtual instrument plug-ins
- 10+ GB of third-party software, loops, and instruments
- Mac- and Windows-compatible
- Large-diaphragm design
- Captures far more detail than a dynamic mic
- Mic stand adaptor
- Phantom-powered via AudioBox USB
- 9' / 3 m cable included
- Cloth carry bag included
- High neodymium resolution drivers
- Precision-tuned acoustic chamber
- Extended bass response
- Built tough to withstand abuse
- Auto-fit head pads
- Comfortable and long-lasting ear pads
- 98" / 2.5m single-side cable
- Optimized pressure
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for AudioBox USB 96 Studio.
- macOS® 10.13 or higher (64-bit only)
- Intel® Core™ i3 or better
- Minimum 4GB RAM / Recommended 8GB or more
- Windows® 10 (64-bit only)
- Intel® Core™ i3/AMD A10 processor or better
- Minimum 4GB RAM / Recommended 8GB or more
Mac and Windows Systems
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
- 30 GB hard disk space
- Monitor with 1366x768 resolution
AudioBox USB® 96 Specifications
- Type XLR Female Balanced
- Frequency Response (±3.0 dB) 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced) 1200Ω
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain) < 0.008%
- S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, Ref. = +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 22 kHz) > 95 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 55 dB Gain) > 45 dB
- Gain Control Range (± 1 dB) 0 dB to 35 dB
- Max Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N) -3 dBu
- Phantom Power (±2 VDC) +48 VDC
- Type ¼"
- TRS Female Unbalanced Input Impedance 0.5 MΩ
- Type ¼"
- Balanced Output Impedance 51Ω
- Headphone Output
- Type ¼" TRS Active Stereo
- Maximum Output 60 mW/Ch @ 60Ω Load
- Frequency Response (±1.0 dB) 20 Hz - 30 kHz
- Type Dual 5-pin Female DIN
- ADC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate) 105 dB
- DAC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate) 105 dB
- Bit Depth 24
- Reference Level for 0 dBFS +4 dBu
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz) 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96
- Power USB 2.0 Bus-powered
- Dimensions 1/3U (steel chassis)
- Height 5.5” (139.7 mm)
- Depth 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Width 5.5” (139.7 mm)
- Weight 1.4 lbs (0.64 kg)
M7 Microphone Specifications
- Type Large-diaphragm condenser microphone
- Element Electret
- Polar Pattern Cardioid
- Frequency Response 40 Hz - 18 kHz
- Sensitivity -39 dBV/pa (12.2 mV/pa)
- Rated Impedance 200Ω
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) 20 dB
- Maximum SPL 136 dB SPL
- Phantom Power Required +12 to +52 VDC, 3 mA
- S/N Ratio 74 dB
- Dynamic Range 11 dB
- Current Consumption 3.5 mA
- Diameter 2.13" (54 mm), maximum
- Length 6.69" (170 mm)
- Weight 11.3 oz. (320g)
HD7 Headphone Specifications
- Acoustic Design Dynamic, semi-open
- Driver 50 mm, neodymium
- Frequency Response 10 Hz to 30 kHz
- Sensitivity 98 dB SPL (1 mW)
- Maximum Power 300 mW
- Rated Impedance 56Ω
- Earpad Leather
- Weight, without Cable 7.8 oz (222g)
- Cable 8' 2" (2.5m) straight, single-sided
- Plug Adapter 1/8" to 1/4" (3.5 to 6.3 mm), screw-on, gold-plated, stereo mini-plug