The Paramount PD-220E combines state-of-the-art craftsmanship with vintage-inspired appointments, delivering the best of both worlds. Built with the choice of a solid spruce or solid mahogany top paired with solid mahogany back and sides, the PD-220E features an offset X-bracing pattern that has been carefully refined to optimize resonance and tone. A brand-new Fender and Fishman®-designed Sonitone Plus pickup amplifies the full, balanced tone of the PD-220E’s dreadnought body shape, while the soundhole-mounted controls preserve the vintage aesthetics. Under the top, a body-sensing pickup enhances the soundboard's vibrations which can then be blended with the undersaddle Sonicore pickup.
Updated cosmetics include snowflake-shaped pearloid fingerboard inlays, feathered purfling, rosette, and backstrip, and a Black or Tiger Stripe pickguard. The PD-220E also features an ovangkol bridge and fingerboard, slim-taper mahogany neck, bone nut and saddle, and comes with a hardshell case.
- Updated bracing pattern
- Solid spruce or mahogany top; solid mahogany back and sides
- New Fender/Fishman® Sonitone Plus pickup with piezo and transducer
- Snowflake inlays
- Black or Tiger Stripe pickguard
- Includes hardshell case
Paramount acoustics feature all-solid construction to deliver outstanding tone. Solid mahogany top, back and sides achieve a sound that's warm and balanced, while solid spruce tops are generally categorized as brighter, with a broad dynamic range.
FENDER-AND FISHMAN-DESIGNED SONITONE PLUS PREAMP
Specially voiced for the Paramount series, this preamp features a volume and a blend knob, allowing you to easily add in the body-sensing transducer to the undersaddle pickup. The soundhole-mounted controls preserve the vintage aesthetics
FEATHER-STYLE ROSETTE & PURFLING
Inspired by early vintage guitars, this rosette and purfling pay homage to the classic acoustic designs of the 1930s and 40s.
SATIN NECK FINISH
The PD-220E features a smooth, satin neck finish for comfort and playability
This tried-and-true body shape is great for projection and cutting through the mix with any band
THE PERFECT CASE
Designed to accommodate each Paramount acoustic to perfection, each molded hardshell case features plush interior lining and a useful storage compartment.
- Body Back Solid Mahogany
- Body Sides Solid Mahogany
- Body Top Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Dreadnought
- Body Binding Aged White with Feathered Checkered Purfling
- Bracing Quartersawn Scalloped "X"
- Rosette Feathered Checkered
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Neck Binding 3-Ply W/B/W
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape "C" Shape
- Scale Length 25.3" (643 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Ovangkol
- Fingerboard Radius 15.75" (400 mm)
- Number of Frets 20
- Fret Size 2mm
- Nut Material Bone
- Nut Width 1.69" (43 mm)
- Position Inlays Snowflake
- Truss Rod Dual-Action
- Controls Volume, Blend (Body Pickup, Piezo)
- Special Electronics Fender®/Fishman® Sonitone™ Plus Soundhole Pickup System
- Bridge Ovangkol
- Bridge Pins Ebony with Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Hardware Finish Nickel-Plated
- Tuning Machines Nickel Open-Back
- Pickguard 1-Ply Tiger Striped
- Strings Fender® Dura-Tone® 880L Coated 80/20 (.012-.052 Gauges), PN 0730880303
- Case/Gig Bag Deluxe Black Hardshell (Black Interior)