The first instruments to bear the Squier name were introduced in 1982, answering the call for genuine Fender® designs at accessible prices. The Squier 40th Anniversary collection celebrates the 40-year journey of Fender’s entry-level brand with special editions of the Telecaster®, Stratocaster®, Jazzmaster®, Precision Bass®, and Jazz Bass®, all available in Gold Edition and Vintage Edition variants.
The Squier® 40th Anniversary Stratocaster®, Gold Edition is a stylish model adorned with an eye-catching collection of upscale features for the discerning Squier fanatic. Featuring striking gold-plated hardware, a gold anodized aluminum pickguard, a bound Indian laurel fingerboard with pearloid block inlays, an engraved anniversary neck plate and gloss finish throughout, this Strat® is poised and ready for the spotlight. Player-friendly refinements of this commemorative model include a slim and comfortable “C”-shaped neck profile for an easy playing feel, vintage-style tuning machines and 6-saddle synchronized tremolo bridge for authentic performance and style, and Fender-Designed single-coil pickups with alnico 5 magnets for familiar Strat tone.
- Gold-plated hardware
- Gold anodized aluminum pickguard
- Gloss body and neck finish
- Vintage-style 6-saddle synchronized tremolo bridge
- Vintage-style tuning machines
This anniversary model features gold-plated hardware for an upscale look.
GOLD ANODIZED ALUMINUM PICKGUARD
An anodized pickguard is not only extremely durable, but also has a premium look and feel.
FENDER-DESIGNED SINGLE-COIL PICKUPS WITH ALNICO 5 MAGNETS
This model features vintage-voiced pickups designed in-house at Fender for authentic and familiar tone.
BOUND FINGERBOARD WITH PEARLOID BLOCK INLAYS
Fingerboard binding and block inlays add an eye-catching aesthetic appeal to this limited edition model.
ENGRAVED 40TH ANNIVERSARY NECK PLATE
This model features a custom neck plate design commemorating 40 years of Squier history.
VINTAGE-INSPIRED HEADSTOCK LOGOS
The headstock logos on this model are inspired by original Fender designs from the 1970s.
- Body Material Nyatoh
- Body Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape Stratocaster
- Headstock Large '70s Style
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape "C" Shape
- Neck Construction Bolt-On
- Fingerboard Material Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 21
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Pearloid Block
- Truss Rod Head Adjust
- Nut Material Bone
- Bridge Pickup Fender® Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Middle Pickup Fender® Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup Fender® Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Controls Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pick Configuration SSS
- Bridge 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish Gold-Plated
- Tuning Machines Vintage Style
- Pickguard 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Switch Tip Aged White
- Control Knobs Aged White Plastic
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Stratocaster®/Telecaster® Wood Hardshell Case (Not Included)