The Meisterklasse is our only 14 hole chromatic, with a scale extending downwards to G3, giving it the same tonal range as a violin and making it possible for the player to master classical pieces written for that instrument. Like its diatonic namesake, the Meisterklasse chromatic boasts an anodized aluminium comb and is equipped with specially designed chrome plated brass covers for optimal sound projection. Though originally conceived for classical music, its bright tone and fast, powerful response ensure that it’s also a favorite for pop, rock and jazz.
Anodized aluminium comb for a bright, powerful sound
Chrome-plated mouthpiece and cover plates
Chrome-plated brass cover plates and mouthpiece
Special slide construction
The slide is almost completely silent, with a short slide action.
- Reed plates (material, thickness): brass, 1.2 mm, nickel-plated
- Reed plates (surface): nickel
- Reeds (number, material): 56, brass
- Comb (material, color): aluminium, grey
- Comb (finish): anodized
- Mouthpiece (surface): chrome
- Cover plates: brass, chrome plated
- Slide construction: straight
- Keys: C
- Type: chromatic
- Tuning: solo tuning
- Number of holes: 14
- Tonal range: 3 1/2 octaves, G3 – D7
- Length: 17.3 cm / 6.8"