COLOR VARIATION：Onyx Black
"Some guitars are built for performance, some for aesthetic. These instruments are the best of both worlds... and perhaps the universe!"
- neck type PIA5pc Maple/Walnut neck
- top/back/body Alder body
- fretboard Rosewood fretboardPIA Blossom inlay
- fret Jumbo Stainless Steel fretsPrestige fret edge treatment
- number of frets 24
- bridge Edge bridge
- string space 10.8mm
- neck pickup DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ (H) neck pickupPassive/Ceramic
- middle pickup DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ (S) middle pickupPassive/Alnico
- bridge pickup DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ (H) bridge pickupPassive/Ceramic
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- strings D'Addario® EXL120
- string gauge .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- nut Locking nut
- hardware color Gold
- Scale : 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 18mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 20mm at 12F
- Radius : 430mmR
- Gotoh® machine heads
- High-pass filter on volume control (push/pull)
- Luminlay side dots
- Hardshell case included
- Ultralite Tremolo Arm™ included
PIA Blossom inlay
The newly designed PIA Blossom inlay is gorgeous, prominent, and elegantly imparts Steve Vai’s trademark style and artistic vision.
Exclusively designed for the PIA, the new Petal Grip offers a balanced, contemporary design aesthetic. It’s also meant to symbolize unity, companionship, and interpersonal bonds.
DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ pickups
Based on Steve's latest tonal preferences, DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ pickups are voiced for smoother highs, more scooped mids, and more pronounced low-end. The pickups incorporate beautiful aesthetics and design elements meant to complement the cosmetic features of the guitar.
The Edge tremolo bridge and groundbreaking Lion's Claw tremolo cavity allow for rapidly increasing and lowering pitch with dramatic range and an intense voice.
Magnetic Tremolo Cavity Plate
The tremolo cavity plate is held in place magnetically, allowing for quick removal and reinstallation when changing strings or adjusting the tremolo system.