The RG is the most recognizable and distinctive guitar in the Ibanez line. Three decades of metal have forged this high-performance machine, honing it for both speed and strength. Whether you favor a hardtail (fixed) bridge or our industry-leading locking tremolo system, the RG is a precision instrument.
- neck type Wizard III-8 for Multi Scale5pc Maple/Walnut neck
- top/back/body Nyatoh body
- fretboard JatobaWhite split off-set dot inlay
- fret Jumbo frets
- bridge Mono-rail bridge
- string space 10.8mm
- neck pickup Array 8 MS (H) neck pickupPassive/Ceramic
- bridge pickup Array 8 MS (H) bridge pickupPassive/Ceramic
- factory tuning 1D#,2A#,3F#,4C#,5G#,6D#,7A#,8F
- strings D'Addario® EXL120+.059+.080
- string gauge .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042/.059/.080
- hardware color Cosmo black
- Scale : 692mm/27.26" - 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 55mm at NUT
- b : Width 80mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 20mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 400mmR
- Recommended Case MR350C
- Recommended Bag IGB540-BK
Designed for both stability and sustain, the innovative Ibanez Mono-Rail bridge minimizes cross-talk between strings
Jatoba has a reddish brown color which produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
Array-8 MS pickups
Ibanez Array pickups deliver a super tight tone with low noise that handle down-tuning perfectly.
Multi Scale Neck
The multi-scale neck utilizes an equalized string tension, creating a more “open” or “alive” tone that not only expands harmonic complexity, but also offers a more comfortable playing experience.